Winning Another Way Part 3
1. Have you ever seen a child act like a child, causing an embarrassed parent to also act like a child?
2. When we harness our reactions, we learn to win another way
3. Actions speak louder than words, reactions speak louder than both.
4. If we react like everybody else, we miss the opportunity to win another way.
38 You have heard the law that says the punishment must match the injury: An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.
39 But I say, do not resist an evil person! If someone slaps you on the right cheek, offer the other cheek also.
41 If a soldier demands that you carry his gear for a mile, carry it two miles.
42 Give to those who ask, and don't turn away from those who want to borrow.
43 "You have heard the law that says, 'Love your neighbor' and hate your enemy.
44 But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!
45 That you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good and sends rain on the righteous
and the unrighteous.
46 If you love only those who love you, what recognition is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much.
47 If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that.
5. Jesus calls us to react toward others, the way God has reacted toward us.
48 But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.